Make HIV History with Our Very Own Dázon Dixon Diallo!
Horario y ubicación
Acerca del evento
When: Tuesday, August 18, 2020. 1:00 CT/2:00 ET
Why: Because we are living in an extraordinary time and we need continued momentum and resources to end this disease.
How: Tune-in for the live panel discussion here, on this page, for the live event. Mark your calendar and bookmark this page.
What: Join experts and leaders in the HIV movement to learn what we can do to finally realize an end to the HIV epidemic.
1. A brief history of HIV
2. Welcome from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
3. Panel discussion with Sen. Tammy Baldwin; Mike Gifford; Rep. Barbara Lee; Jesse Milan, Jr., JD; and Dazon Dixon Diallo, DHL
4. A special message from John Cunningham and the National AIDS Memorial
5. Continued panel discussion
6. A special message from Cleve Jones, co-founder of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt
7. Continued panel discussion
8. A special message from Jeanne White-Ginder, advocate and mother of Ryan White
9. Continued panel discussion
While the United States invests billions of dollars a year in prevention, care and treatment, more than 35,000 Americans still contract HIV every year, and too many people struggle to access and stay in the quality care that will help them thrive. Today, we have all the tools necessary to end HIV as an epidemic, so why does the disease continue to affect young gay men, people of color and injection drug users at alarming rates?
Join Dázon Tuesday, August 18 at 1:00 PM CST/2:00 PM EST for a national virtual gathering where federal officials and HIV policy leaders will discuss what it will take to end the HIV epidemic in the United States.
Joining Dázon will be:
Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi
U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin
Congresswoman Barbara Lee
Jesse Milan, Jr., JD
#MakeHIVHistory #ThriveTogether #ViventHealth